We are the Timber Finance Initiative, the Swiss competence center for Timber Investments. A sustainable finance startup, founded in Zürich in 2021, which operates at the intersection of finance, the booming timber economy and the construction sector.
By developing new sustainable finance products, as well as a Mass Timber CO2 storage certificate, we plan to strengthen the climate potential of the forest and timber industry. We are a young, ambitious, and dedicated team looking to address climate change by establishing Mass Timber as a negative emissions technology.
- Bachelor or Master in Finance or Banking. Further analyst education preferred (CFA, CIIA AZEK).
- 3-5 years of experience at a bank, asset manager, wealth manager, index provider or exchange.
- Successful track record in sustainable finance and/or investment analysis (equity, fixed income, public and private markets).
- Good quantitative skills to maintain and develop financial / valuation models.
- Exceptional analytical mindset and track record of innovative analytics, research, and natural curiosity
- Enthusiasm for sustainability and developing new solutions to address climate change.
- Perfect spoken and written command of English and German. French or Italian is a plus.
- Basic programming skills (VBA, Python etc.) and/or IT skills to further develop the investment process.
- Work permit for Switzerland.
- Conduct industry research to support deal sourcing, due diligence and investment monitoring.
- Analyze financial data and develop financial models including company valuations, discounted cash flow analysis, financing and comparative analyses.
- Monitor news flow and financial results relevant to the portfolio companies in the index.
- Help maintain the index by generating relevant macro, portfolio and company level research and reports.
- Further development of the Timber Finance Investment white paper in cooperation with universities.
- Map existing portfolio level sustainability assessments and develop new tailored solutions.
- Generate and improve portfolio, performance and impact reports as well as investment presentations.
- General business development, product development and sales (incl. client presentations).
- Place of work: Zurich
- Flexible part-time work and home office possible
- Plenty of room for growth, entrepreneurship, and development
- The opportunity to join a climate relevant startup
- Startup competitive compensation
- Start: As soon as possible
Are you interested? Please send your resume and cover letter to Marisa Steiner email@example.com 076 569 57 64. Only complete applications will be considered.